Wednesday, November 12, 2008

more on the streetcar line

Greater Greater Washington has a very comprehensive run-down of the initial Anacostia streetcar allignment. Turns out it will not be going to Bolling AFB, but will instead be from W Street to a maintenance facility just past the Anacostia metro station on Firth Stirling Ave, with additional funding under request for an extention to Good Hope Road:


View Larger Map



for BeyondDC's confirmation scoop, Click Here
also, for a video of the November 7 hearing, Click Here

more as I hear it...

map courtesy of David Alpert at GGW

1 comment:

Sariane Leigh said...

Hmm, I don't know how to feel about the street car. I mean I could walk from W Street to the metro or just take the bus. Is this just the first step? Are they testing this out on Anacostia? Why not extend it down Minnesota Avenue? What is at the Treatment facility? Have there been any community meetings to get feedback about this change? Seems a little odd to me. Am I just paranoid?