Sunday, March 9, 2008

Speed Renovation

I wish I had a before picture (think the houses to left and right, with a lot more broken windows), because this house on V Street has seen quite the transformation. And it happened in only a few weeks.



1. I wish they had replaced the iron columns with the original wood.

2. What do you think about painting brick houses? Personally, I think it adds to the uniqueness of DC, but I know others disagree...

If you're interested, the house is for sale, although not yet on the company website.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a Spicer Property, I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole.

David Garber said...

I know it looks pretty cheaply done, but what is your experience with Spicer?

Anonymous said...

Well, to start, Matt Spicer's father was in jail for some sort of real estate related corruption scandal several years ago. I'm in the industry myself and wouldn't ever even go into a Spicer property. If you do just make sure all of the proper permits are in place.

Chopin Girl said...

Where is this? Is this U Street between 14th and 15th streets?? (SE, of course!)

David Garber said...

yep, that's the block