Friday, November 16, 2007 at 10:00 A.M.Where:
Council Chamber, John A. Wilson BuildingWhat:
1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20004
From Neha Bhatt, Councilman Tommy Wells' Policy Advisor on Smart Growth and Transportation:Key Issues:"This is an opportunity for anyone who is interested in connectivity and other issues to be heard. You can sign up to testify or submit written comments. If you do testify, remember to bring copies of your testimony for the council members. If you can't testify, send an email to Councilmember Jim Graham who is holding the hearing: Jim@grahamwone.com"
- Further physical separation of Anacostia from rest of city and region.Sign up for public statements with LaDorsa Willis (202) 724-8195 before 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 14, 2007.
- Major infrastructure on waterfront is unnatractive and does not spur economic development.
- We should use this bridge replacement as an opportunity to do something GREAT, not something normal.
- We need to suggest alternatives such as tunneling the highway at this intersection so that the waterfront is more accessible to Anacostia.
- With all the talk of tearing the Whitehurt Freeway down in Georgetown, why are we even considering building more highways in the sky?